Use rooting hormone solutions to improve transplanting of seedlings such as bedding plants.
For seedlings be very very careful in your dosage. Trials indicate that application rates must be substantially below Hortus IBA Water Soluble Salts at 25 ppm IBA (or 1/2 tablet per liter of Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets)
Use rooting solutions at less than:
25 mg IBA per liter water =
125 mg IBA Water Soluble Salts per liter water, or
1/2 tablet of Rhizopon AA Water Soluble tablets per liter water
- Higher solution rates of IBA Water Soluble Salts and Rhizopon AA Water Soluble Tablets may be more suitable for woody plants such as year old trees and bushes or older tropical plants.
- Trials are necessary prior to applying to large scale production. Be very careful in your dosing.
- Take a few plants and dose them with Hortus IBA Water Soluble Salts at 1, 5, 10 ,15, 20, 25 ppm IBA with some controls at 0 IBA.
- Observe them for a few days (5-7 days should be adequate).
- If there is toxicity you will notice the stems turn brown ... these plants will likely die.
- You must select your rate somewhat *below* the threshold for toxicity. This is the same situation as when you are doing rooting of plant cuttings ... too high a concentration of rooting hormone will inhibit root formation and initiation.
- soil soak with water
soil soak with the rooting hormones solution
New transplants also need nutrients to assure good plant growth. Apply the appropriate concentration and type of fertilizer to your transplants at the time of planting.